In working on an upcoming message on the Biblical character Moses, one observation about his life is that he certainly found himself in places he never expected to be. He was raised in Pharaoh’s home, although he was an Israelite. God chose him to lead the people out of Egypt, even though he was a murderer and a runaway.
I identify with how I suspect Moses may have felt, looking back at the path of his life.
1. I would never have thought I would be a pastor. (Most who knew me years ago wouldn’t either.)
2. I would never have expected others to look to me for leadership, considering my history.
3. I certainly didn’t expect our church to grow at the pace that it has grown.
4. I could never have imagined the spiritual growth I have seen in my wife and boys.
5. I could have never perceived the struggles life has brought to my family and me.
6. No one could have described for me the grace God would pour out on my life.
Therefore, let me ask you to reflect with Moses and me by asking you a question:
If you look at your life and where you are today, has God taken you places you never expected to be? How has God surprised you with the path He’s had for you in life?