Yesterday, as I was preparing to leave a foreign country to return home after almost two weeks away from the United States, I posted a quick entry called 10 Reasons I Love the USA. A comment to my earlier post convicted me that I needed another post. I often write tongue-in-cheek satire posts that are a reflection of some of the random thoughts that go through my mind at times. This post was one such entry.
Yesterday’s post was not at all meant to capture my true heart of patriotism towards our great country. Sometimes it is hard when someone only reads one post of a blog to understand the real person behind the blog. I write frequently here about some of the things I love about this country, but I decided it was a good idea to share another post with my real top 10 reasons I love the United States of America.
I love the U.S.A. because:
- We still elect our leaders and have a stake in the direction of our nation.
- Our nation, in spite of our political differences, still rallies behind the idea of independence as a nation.
- The United States is still one nation that allows individuals who apply themselves and work hard to succeed.
- We have a rich history of patriotism and fighting for freedom here and around the world.
- We have so many dedicated men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives to protect our freedom.
- Our military families suffer separation as a family and even loss in order to have a strong military presence around the world. You can read another post about my love for military HERE.
- We are a nation of many background, nationalities and ethnicities, but we have a common bond of freedom.
- Our nation still is a commanding leader in capitalistic thought and practice.
- I can complain about things I see wrong in this nation, without fear of retribution from government, and know in my heart that I am still very proud to be an American!
- Our freedom allows me to do what I do (preach the Gospel) without fear of government interruption.
God bless America, land that I love!