I got to Starbucks this morning and couldn’t leave. There was too much ministry and other activities happening. Here’s a recap of my hour and a half experience:
1. Met three people who are “considering attending Grace Community Church”.
2. Talked with a family who visited the Sunday prior and enjoyed it. (I wasn’t preaching, so it was one of our good Sundays.)
3. Answered over a dozen emails, including one about “once saved always saved”, one about baptism, one about a marriage struggle, and one about the church’s doctrine.
4. Met a man who really kept wanting to talk, wanted my input in playing his online poker game, excitedly shared that he won $6 gambling, told me he quit church because all they do is “waste money”, and may give our church a try this Sunday!
5. Talked with and tried to encourage a new city councilperson who is doing a great job and has a positive vision for our city.
6. Accepted 6 new Facebook friends. Welcome!
7. Responded to 9 direct messages via Twitter.
8. Took a call from a desperate man trying to save his marriage.
9. Encouraged an Austin Peay professor I hear is very well liked by her students.
10. Visited briefly with a local pastor. Great guy!
The same type experience happens every Sunday night when Cheryl and I make our weekly Wal Mart trip. I am thinking I may need to do this more often.
Do you have similar experiences when you are out in public? How do your convert those experiences into ministry opportunities?