This is a guest post by Nathan Rouse. Nathan is a fellow church leader that is passionately investing in the Church as a pastor and writer. Over the last 15 years in ministry he’s been seized with the calling to mentor young leaders for ministry. As a student of church leadership he is committed to collaborating with other church leaders to effectively make and send disciples around the world. You can find Nathan’s blog at www.NathanRouse.org and he’s on Twitter: @NathanRouse
Here are 7 truths worth remembering during such times:
The last few days have brought an unwelcome and unforeseen storm in my life. I’m not alone in this, I’m sure you’ve experienced circumstances and storms that have caught you off guard or maybe experiencing this even now. I want you to be encouraged and strengthened by the knowledge that you’re not walking this journey out on your own.
Here are 7 truths I’m convinced are worth remembering during such times:
1. There is always time to pray! (You’ll “feel” and make things worse if you don’t.)
2. No matter how much you “don’t feel like it”, Read your Bible! It is our compass, our true north when it feels like our life is spinning out of control. We need more truth, not more feelings in crisis. Psalms 46 is a good start.
3. Don’t believe that you have to be depressed because you’ve encountered something heart breaking. Grieve….yes. Harbor it….no.
4. Make it a point to not make any major decisions when feeling overwhelmed. (Unless absolutely necessary)
5. Make sure you’re eating right and getting plenty of rest. You’re going to need all your strength to walk through this season.
6. Remember you can’t fix people or fix every circumstance. Stop carrying that responsibility. The God Almighty position is already filled.
7. Stop what you’re doing now and practice doing #1.
What would you add to this list?