This concludes the review of a survey I conducted recently on the health of pastors and ministers. There were 466 responses and I’ve shared the results in four different posts (including this one). If you missed any of them, see here:
Here are the concluding questions:
(You can click on a diagram to enlarge it.)
Here are some of my observations on these questions:
- About 20% of spouses do not feel supported. I wonder if that’s them or the church? Perhaps we need a survey for spouses.
- Almost 45% of the pastors or ministers surveyed have occasional thoughts of leaving the ministry. Wow!
- The pastor plays a key role in church culture. (Duh?)
- Burnout is a part of ministry.
- Too many pastors don’t know what to do about burnout.
What do you see? Look over each of the questions and let me know your thoughts.