How effective are the friendships in your life?
One measure of an effective friendship, in my opinion, is that the people in your life are becoming more like Jesus, partly because of their friendship with you.
“Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17 Do you have friendships that sharpen your relationship with Christ?
Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “Follow me, as I follow the example of Christ“. Could you say that to your friends? Could they say that to you?
Here’s one measure of an effective friendship: At the end of a year together as friends, could either of you say your life is more like Christ than before the year began, because of that friendship?
I know. Hard question, right? The encouragement in this post is to:
- Consider your friendships closely
- Examine the purpose of those friendships
- Bring some intentionality into your friendships
- Together, encourage each other to be more like Christ
Let’s make better friendships.
- You could do a Bible study together
- You could change the focus of your conversations
- You could hold each other accountable
- You could pray for and with one another
Do you have friendships in your life that help you in your walk with Christ?