Francis is passionate about God and His glory. Anyone having ever reading his books or listened to his messages would confirm that fact.
Francis started with a confession. He struggles with being present. (The theme of this week’s conference.)
Has that ever been you? (I’m guilty of that.)
Francis says, “There’s nothing worse than having a conversation with someone who is not present.”
The title Catalyst gave Francis for his talk: His presence matters...
Francis wondered, as He reflected on what he called “the understatement of the year”…
Does anything else matter?
Then Francis Chan shared some nuggets of thoughts on the presence of God in our life:
- Right now, if God decided to make His presence known, isn’t that all that would matter?
- When God’s presence is here, amazing things happens.
- “The Spirit gives life…the flesh is no help at all.” John 6:63
- David, after an enemy took his wife and children captive, the people were tempted to stone him because of what happened…how did David respond? He strengthened himself in the Lord…1 Samuel 30:1-6 (How would I respond?)
- One thing I have asked, and one thing that I seek… to dwell in the House of the Lord. Psalm 27
- Satan knows everything depends on my relationship with God, so if he can distract me…
- Are you present enough in your prayer life that He actually hears you?
Wow, I’ve been challenged in my walk with Christ! Thanks Francis!