For the last 25 years or so, I’ve attempted to listen to, obey and follow the voice of God. It’s been a long road, and I’m still a pilgrim in the process, but I’ve learned a few things.
Based totally on my personal experience…
Here are 10 random thoughts on following God:
- I’ve never been able to see very far down the road.
- Sometimes I get a clear vision of a big goal God has for me, but I usually have no clue at the time how to get there.
- The road to following God has never seemed to be easily paved. (This requires faith.)
- There are often several options available of “how” to proceed towards what God is calling me.
- I am often tempted to quit.
- God doesn’t give up…people do.
- The greatest obstacles, all of which God can overcome, are usually other people, resources and the battle within my own mind.
- Satan is the great disrupter.
- The more I know God and the closer our relationship, the clearer I hear His voice.
- God calls people to impossible tasks.
Have you had similar experiences? I’d love to learn from and be encouraged by you.
What have you learned or experience about following God?