Yesterday we began a new series at Grace Community Church called Horizons. Every year offers new opportunities…the question is are we prepared for what lies beyond the horizon?
I closed the message by asking these questions for consideration of what we need to leave behind as we move into a new year.
- What do you need to leave behind this year?
- What changes do you need to make?
- What failures do you need to forget? (Or at least let them work for you rather than against you?)
- What disciplines do you need to take on?
- Whom do you need to forgive?
- What grudge do you need to release?
- What burden do you need to give back to God?
- Do you need to trust Him more this year
- Do you need to serve Him…or serve others more this year?
What you won’t see in this message is the closing challenge. It was more difficult to capture this for recording, but people were encouraged to write on an index card what they most need to leave behind in 2010…and not take with them into 2011. It could be an answer to one of these questions or perhaps a secret sin, a worry, burden, anger, or fear…
What would you need to write on that card?