Scott Harrison, founder of Charity Water, shared his heart to get clean water around the world. There are many good organizations sharing this passion. Surely as believers, we can address this situation.
Consider these facts Scott shared:
- 1 billion people in the world do not have access to clean water
- In the United States, the average person is responsible for using 150 gallons of clean water per day.
- The goal is to get people who have none 5 gallons per day.
- People carry dirty water for miles, just to have some.
- 80% of disease is related to unclean water.
- Children are especially vulnerable to lack of clean water.
- Half the world’s schools do not have clean water.
- 40 Billion hours are wasted trying to get clean water…more than all the work hours in the
- Typical well costs only $5,000 and can produce 5 gallons of clean water every 90 seconds.
- Water changes communities by bringing hope and dignity to a community.
Read more startling facts HERE.
Learn more about how you can help HERE.
I love people who combine passion and heart with action to address a real need.
What’s your passion? What are you going to do about it?