I am amazed at what God has done through the work of the people of Grace Community Church in the first five years. We celebrated that milestone last week, but tomorrow is a new day. The start of the next five years. As a natural dreamer, I can’t help but wonder what the next five years will bring.
The anniversary caused me to be reflective this week. I thought about some of the obedience of the people following God in Scripture:
- Noah did as the Lord commanded. Genesis 6:22
- Moses followed God even when it meant leaving the comforts of a king Hebrews 11:27
- Joshua did what the Lord commanded. Joshua 11:9
- Rahab sacrificed her life for the life of some Israelite spies Joshua 2
- Gideon led the people in spite of his weaknesses Judges 6-7
Throughout the Bible we find stories of people willing to risk everything they had to follow God, simply because He is God.
And, in turn, God seemed to favor and honor people who were obedient.
My time of reflection makes me want to obey Him even more. The question of what God will call me (us) to in the next 5 years is not near as important, at least from my perspective now, as the question of whether or not I will remain obedient…regardless of the risks and obstacles along the way.
What is God calling you to do? Will you be obedient?