Today was the fourth Easter service of Grace Community Church. We are 3 ½ years old and God has richly blessed us. It’s hard to put today into words. I simply was blown away by it. Here are a few random thoughts:
- God overwhelmed us with 2,150 people in the three services today. Amazing.
- We had numerous recorded decisions and the follow up and emails and texts I’ve received all day have been overwhelming.
- Our staff and volunteers hit lots of home runs today. We have some of the most dedicated Christians I’ve ever known on our team. I LOVE IT!
- Our people did what we asked them to do; they invited people. We had tons of first-time visitors. Thank you!
- We have some crazy talented musicians and singers. Wow!
- The attendance today is a 51% increase over last year’s Easter service. I originally thought that was unique, but we had a 54% increase the second Easter over the first and a 40% increase last year over the prior year.
- I was reminded that Easter is an incredible opportunity to capture people’s attention for the church. Easter is a time to take risks, dream big, and do everything with excellence.
- Numbers are important. Despite some people’s negative perceptions of this discussion, the Bible has a whole book by that title. Numbers represent people. People matter to God.
- If we did nothing with the increased number of people attending our church then we would be sinning. We are commanded to “make disciples” and that requires more than just a weekly gathering. We do teach truth in our services, but our goal is to connect people to growing relationships with other believers through our small group program and service opportunities. That’s our end goal.
- Our Easter number is usually our average number a year later and an indication of what is coming for Fall. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
You can watch the first 10 minutes of the message here, but will need to login to Truthcasting to watch the whole message. (I preached a shorter message today, so you may want to start with the Truthcasting site.)