We are studying Purpose Driven Life together as a community group. Each week I ask questions pulled from the material in the book. Here are the questions for Purpose Week 4.
1. What does the statement “You were saved to serve God” mean to you? Do you agree with it/understand it?
2. Do you agree with it/understand “You’re not saved by service, but you are saved for service”?
3. Have you ever experienced what you felt was a specific “calling” to serve or to do something for God?
4. Can you recall a “missed” opportunity of when you should have served but didn’t?
5. Do you know your spiritual gift? (Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:28-30)
6. What positive experiences have you had that you can use to help others?
7. What negative experiences have you had that you can use to help others?
8. What is one need you are aware of in the community specifically or even in the world that you think someone needs to be addressing? Could God be calling you to address it in some way?
9. Honestly, are you more concerned about serving others or being served by others?
10. What weakness do you have that prevents you from being all God would have you to be? What’s your “excuse”?