Some of the best success in my life has often come after times of the greatest failures of my life. I have lived long enough to experience success and failure repeatedly. When I have occasion to minister to those experiencing times of failure, I’m able to assure them with confidence that the failure they experience today has the potential to bring tomorrow’s success.
When you are going through a period of failure remember:
1. One of God’s greatest teaching tools is failure. In our times of failure we are reminded of our weakness and His strength. We learn to pray and walk by faith during times of failure. (But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corinthians 12:9)
2. Failure should not decide your future. Most people who experience great success experienced great failure many times. Check out a couple great websites I found on failure. Motivating Stories and Great Failures.
3. Failure is a great time to refocus. Failure becomes sort of a forced look at your life and the direction you are heading. If you need to make adjustments following a failure is often the perfect time.
4. You can build from failure. The old saying “there’s nowhere to go but up” is true of failure. When you hit the bottom the next step is towards the sky. Aim high!
5. You get to share the wealth of wisdom learned through failure. God teaches others through our examples of getting up and trying again after our seasons of failure.
No one enjoys failures or certainly would ever ask God to bring failure into our life, but if we approach failure with the right attitude it will not keep us from success and may actually help us reach higher heights than we would have ever reached without failure.