All my life I’ve heard the phrase, “you’d have to experience it to understand it”. The older I get the more I know that statement to be true about many things. I was reflecting today about ways I’ve heard that statement used and ways it’s come true in my life. Some of these below I have experienced; some I haven’t. Some I hope to; some I hope I never will.
Here are 25 things you have to experience to understand (in no particular order):
1. Meeting a payroll.
2. The pain of divorce.
3. Completing a degree.
5. Becoming a parent/grandparent.
6. Living by faith.
7. Falling in love.
8. The speed at which a child grows up.
9. The pain of kidney stones, or having a baby.
10. Going on a mission trip.
11. Getting married.
12. Receiving Salvation.
13. Driving on the Autobahn.
14. Losing a job.
15. Getting hired.
16. Finally forgiving someone.
17. Missing the last flight home.
18. Receiving unconditional love.
19. Buying your first home.
20. Loss of a child.
21. Caring for an elderly parent.
22. A first kiss.
23. Loss of a business.
24. Battling depression.
25. Completing a list.
For what have you heard that phrase apply?