Hopefully if you are in crisis-mode right now you are beginning to see the end of the tunnel. I pray God brings you through this time quickly. It’s important to know what to do AFTER the time of crisis has passed. Here are 5 things to do AFTER a time of crisis:
- Rejoice – Be thankful the crisis is over and a time of peace has come. I have many times prayed fervently during the hard times, but forsaken my “God-time” when everything is going well. Don’t follow my example in this.
- Share – The Bible is clear that we are to use our struggles to help others in theirs. Often because of fear or embarrassment we don’t allow people to see our past hurts. This denies God the opportunity to use the experiences He has given us for His glory. (Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7)
- Prepare – If you have lived long enough you know that seasons of crisis come many times in life. During the quiet times when all is going well is when we should be preparing for harder times.
- Rest – To borrow from the Cheers theme song, “Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot.” Many people never enjoy the peaceful times because they are too paranoid about the next crisis that may or may not even occur. We should prepare for times of trouble, but we should never live in a state of worry.
- Grow - I have grown spiritually more during the hard times than in the easy times of life. Crisis-mode teaches us valuable insight into the character and heart of God. Use the down times to evaluate God, your life, and see how the two connect. Work on the places you are out of sync with God’s will for your life.
It would be nice if you never needed these blogs. My sense is, if your life is anything like mine, that some of you will.