Can you tell me what product goes with these slogans?
- M’m, M’m, Good!
- It’s the Real Thing…
- It takes a licking, and keeps on ticking.
- Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is!
- The best part of waking up is ______ in your cup.
- The milk chocolate melts in your mouth-not in your hand…
- You’re in good hands with _______.
- Don’t leave home without it.
- Let your fingers do the walking.
How did you do? Could you name them all? I suspect you were pretty close. Most of these slogans have been around a large part of my life, but even my teenage boys know them. They are “sticky” slogans. These slogans helped brand their products.
My question, and the reason for this post, is what has happened to all the good slogans? Have we run out of good ideas? I’m trying to determine what the modern day slogans are that my kids will still remember 20 years from now. Are there still marketing phrases ”sticky” enough to make a product stay in our minds; so much so that we can’t get the words, or the product, out of our mind? Are we still branding things for life? My hope is that we haven’t lost the art of branding.
If you know of current, recently introduced ”sticky” slogans I may be missing I’d love to hear from you.
(BTW, We have one slogan at Grace Community Church that I hope never goes away; or at least the principle behind it. Our slogan: Everyone needs a place to start over….that place is Grace.)